Watch this quick video guide for a general idea of our storage unit sizes:
Are you struggling to decide how much space you need for your self storage unit? West Main Storage has the perfect solution: our storage unit size guide! Check out the breakdown below of all of our various sized units, and what items they can accommodate. With these tips, renting a storage unit is now easier than ever before!
Our Storage Unit Size Guide
Small Storage Units
- From 5×5 to larger, our small storage units are packed with potential. These can be the ideal solution for storing seasonal pieces and creating much needed breathing room in your home by clearing out excess items from your attic and basement – like those decorations that only come out once a year! So why not let us take care of them until you’re ready? With just one simple swap we’ll store away all your summer gear when winter arrives, while giving you back access to all those festive holiday trinkets during the warmer months.
- If you’re transitioning from an apartment or condo, small storage units can conveniently and safely store the contents of one bedroom. You’ll have space for your mattress (up to a full size), several bulky items, plus boxes that fit on top. However, before attempting to squeeze any desks and dressers into these modest spaces, be sure to double-check their measurements!
Medium Storage Units
- Looking for a bit more storage space than what a full mattress offers? Then consider looking into medium-sized units! Perfect for both homes and businesses, these units provide plenty of room to store furniture from two or three bedrooms. Don’t forget about outdoor items either— with enough space to fit motorcycles, jet skis, canoes, and kayaks too – you’ll be sure to find the right size unit for all your needs!
- Maximize your business’s efficiency and cost-effectiveness with self storage. Our month-to-month rentals grant you the flexibility to store important documents, supplies and equipment – all at a fraction of the price associated with renting office space!
Large Storage Units
- If you’re concerned about the high volume of belongings you have and how to possibly pack them into boxes, consider a large storage unit. Extra-spacious units are ideal for housing dining room furniture, large bookcases, mattresses – even all three if necessary! You’ll have plenty of extra space leftover to store appliances too. What’s more is that there will be enough space to move around in as well as view what items you’ve stored away without any hassle.
Our Storage Calculator
Not sure what size unit is best to keep your valuables comfortable and safe? We want to take the hassle out of storing. Our storage calculator can help you determine what size storage unit would be best for your needs. Using the form below, tell us what you need to store and our calculator will provide an estimate in cubic feet as well as the size unit you’ll need.
In each category below, enter the number of your items to be stored. At the top of the page, we’ll calculate the space needed and recommend a storage unit based on the space needed.